Happy Sunday deerlings!
In 2019 I learned about the AMAZING Year of the Asian Reading Challenge (#YARC) and I was able to participate until about September when life got super busy and I just lost track of what books I read. But! This year I really want to do this challenge again, especially since one of my reading goals for 2020 is to to have 75% or more of the total books I read to be written by non-white or otherwise marginalized authors.
What is #YARC?
The Year of the Asian Reading Challenge is a year long reading challenge that is specifically focused on reading as many books by Asian authors as you can. The reading challenge is hosted by the amazing
- Lily | blog: Sprinkles of Dreams | twitter: @sprnklsofdreams
- Shealea | blog: Shut Up Shealea | twitter: @bookshelfbitch
- Vicky | blog: Vicky Who Reads | twitter: @vickycbooks
- CW | blog: The Quiet Pond| twitter: @artfromafriend
For all of the details and information about how to sign up, you can click CW’s link above.
How I’m Participating
So, even though I lost track last year, I really want to aim for the Bengali Tiger which is 50+ books written by Asian authors. With the sheer amount of titles coming out in 2020 plus the amazing ones my library already has on their shelves, I think this is pretty doable. Though, I have zero problem adjusting as the year goes on.
This will serve as my year long tracker page, but I plan to do quarterly TBRs and updates on my progress throughout the year. You can also buy these books for yourself through my shop link –> Scones & Tomes Bookshop
Challenge Progress Tracker
1. Fruits Basket Another volume 3 by Natsuki Takaya (Japanese)
2. A Reaper at the Gates (Ember in the Ashes #3) by Sabaa Tahir (Pakistani)
3. Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits Volume 5 by Waco Ioka (Japanese)
4. Of Curses & Kisses (St Rosetta’s Academy #1) by Sandhya Menon (Indian)
5. Seven Deadly Shadows by Courtney Alameda (non-Asian) & Valynne E. Maetani (Japanese)
6. The Silence of Bones by June Hur (Korean)
7. The Empress of Salt and Fortune by Nghi Vo (Vietnamese)
8. Wicked As You Wish by Rin Chupeco (Filipino)
9. Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know by Samira Ahmed (Indian)
10. I’ll Be the One by Lyla Lee
11. Loveboat Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen (Chinese, Indonesian, and Filipino)
12. 10 Things I Hate About Pinky by Sandhya Menon (Indian)
13. Finding My Voice by Marie Myung-Ok Lee (Korean)
14. Shine by Jessica Jung (Korean)
Next Level Unlocked
Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? What about this one? Let me know down in the comments!