Good morning deerlings!! I hope your weekend was enjoyable and if you’re in the US that you had a wonderful (and safe) 4th of July~
We’ve been weathering a number of storms, literally and figuratively, here in Colorado but otherwise, we’ve been doing well over here! This week I am reading Wicked Fox by Kat Cho and I am really hoping to snag my copy of Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim from the library this week!
Top 10 Tuesday | What I Savored in June
- Loving | Being able to alternate where J & I go to mass. For a really long time we only went to St. Thomas More, which we love and still do. But sometimes, it is a STRUGGLE to get there. On a good day, with little traffic we can get there in 15 – 20 minutes. Otherwise, we’re stuck in traffic for a really long time and then we get there and there is nowhere to sit. We discovered that there is actually a parish about 10 minutes from our house in the opposite way of all of the traffic on Saturdays & Sundays. It is also accessible via public transit for me in the cases of when J is sick or out of town.
- Planning | I’m not necessarily planning anything per se, but I am currently doing an overhaul of my planning system. I still love my inserts but the way I plan has just become so cluttered that my pen case has exploded all over my bag more than once. So I’m currently working on simplifying and streamlining everything.
- Watching | My current obsessions are Big Little Lies Season 2 & Fruits Basket 2019. These are really well done and I highly recommend. Season 1 of BLL had a lot of violence and sex in it, but season 2 is doing a phenomenal job of exploring the issues of grief, guilt, recovery, and regaining of trust. J and I started watching Outlander together. This time around I’m actually feeling really conflicted about watching it because season 1 is just so full of sex that I feel like it’s almost pornographic and I know that the later seasons don’t have as much graphic sex in it but it’s excessive right now and it’s kind of making me uncomfortable.
- Pinning | I’m not necessarily “pinning” anything but I’ve been looking up a lot of ways to incorporate Liturgical living into my life. It’s surprisingly hard to find stuff for Ordinary time.
- Savoring | Quiet Sundays with John. This whole year it’s felt like we’ve been go, go, go. And sometimes it’s great but there’s something to be said for just a lazy Sunday at home with J. We were a little sad cuz we wanted to go to the racetrack in june but every time there was something going on, whether it was the weather or just not feeling up to it.
- Reading | Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa : This was one of my most anticipated releases for 2019 and I absolutely loved it! Click the link for my in-depth review and discussion on it!
- Going| The Fierce Reads Tour @ Tattered Cover! This was an amazing experience and I got to meet the wonderful Maureen Goo, Hafsah Faizal, Kristina Forest, and Jess Rothenberg.
- Celebrating | Our new car! We live in a really busy part of Denver just outside of downtown and our streets are absolute trash most of the time. Two years ago we had to make the decision to go into car debt in order to get a newer car that had all wheel drive in order to survive on the road during the winter. We have officially paid off the Mini-Cooper and have upgraded to a Honda CR-V that we named Stark and we love him 3,000.
- Listening | JK, It’s Magic Podcast | With the exception of like 3 episodes which I plan on listening to as soon as I read the books, I have officially listened to EVERY SINGLE EPISODE! I absolutely binged this podcast this month and I have zero regrets. I have learned so much and it has really shaped how I read things now and how I then talk about them on here.
- Praying | June was all about praying for the right car to come along. But towards the end of the month it has really shifted to praying for direction in our lives. Like I said, we’ve been weathering some storms and everything is really stressful and confusing right now. So now J & I are just praying for direction, particularly in our professional lives.
How was your June? What did you do? What did you love? Let me know down in the comments!