What’s up deerlings? I hope you’re doing well!
What is the #YARC2019 ?
#YARC2019 is the Year of the Asian Reading Challenge 2019 hosted by Shealea @ Shut up Shealea, CW from The Quiet Pond, Lily from Sprinkles of Dreams, and Vicky over at Vicky Who Reads. This is a year long reading challenge in which participants aim to read as many books written by Asian authors as possible. This year my goal is 31 – 40 books which is a little more than half of my yearly reading challenge. And should I succeed, this puts me at receiving the Giant Panda badge.
This post will serve as both my announcement post and my update thread and I’ll do my best to keep this as up to date as possible. I also have a separate shelf on my Goodreads that I’ll link here if you want to stay super up to date. I’m also linking any reviews or wrap ups where I mention these books
Finished Reading (updated 6/1)
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa | ✦✦✦✦ (Eastern)
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi | ✦✦✦✦✦ (Southern)
- The Girl King by Mimi Yu | ✦✦✦ (Eastern)
- The Descendant of the Crane by Joan He | ✦✦✦✦ (Eastern)
- Kakuriyo vol. 1 by Waco Ioka | ✦✦✦ (Eastern)
- Somewhere Only We Know by Maureen Goo | ✦✦✦✦ (Eastern)
- Kakuriyo vol 2 by Waco Ioka | ✦✦✦✦ (Eastern)
- Internment by Samira Ahmed | ✦✦✦✦✦ (Southern)
- Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya | ✦✦✦✦✦ (Eastern)
- We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal | ✦✦✦✦ (Southern)
- There’s Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon | ✦✦✦✦✦ (Southern)
- Kakuriyo vol. 3 by Waco Ioka | ✦✦✦✦ (Eastern)
- Mermaid Boys vol. 1 | ✦✦✦ (Eastern)
- Mermaid Boys vol. 2 | ✦✦✦ (Eastern)
- Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa | ✦✦✦✦✦ (Eastern)
- The Tiger at Midnight by Swati Teerdhala (Southern)
- Blood Heir by Amelie Wen Zhao
- Gumiho by Kat Cho
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maureen Goo
- Love From A to Z by S.K. ALI
- Tamamo the Fox Maiden & Other Asian Stories by Various
These are just the titles that I have off the top of my head. Please send me any recommendations that you have, particularly if they’re new YA releases since I’m reading 98% new YA releases this year for work!
Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday and I’ll see ya’ll on Friday with my discussion post for the P&G bookclub!